Four Roses Bourbon
In 1884, Paul Jones Jr., moved his thriving business to Louisville, Kentucky, where he opened an office in a section of historic Main Street called, “Whiskey Row.” Four years later, he trademarked the name Four Roses, claiming production and sales back to the 1860s. In 1922, the Paul Jones Company purchased the Frankfort Distilling Company, one of only six distilleries granted permission to operate through prohibition to produce Bourbon for medicinal purposes. In the years under Paul’s direction, sales of the Bourbon flourished and Four Roses grew to be a preeminent brand.
In February 2002, the Kirin Brewery Company, Ltd. purchased the Four Roses brand trademark, and named the new acquisition Four Roses Distillery LLC. By continuing the devotion for product quality with which Paul Jones, Jr. created his original Bourbon, the Distillery has rekindled the popularity of Four Roses in key European and Japanese markets. Now back in the US after a lengthy absence, Four Roses is quickly earning a reputation as one of the finest names in the Bourbon world. The people who work at the Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg, KY and at our warehouse facility in Cox’s Creek, KY continue the legacy of Paul Jones, Jr. Their passion for quality and their pride in creating and producing an award winning Bourbon is evident in the smooth, mellow taste that has become the signature of the Four Roses Brand.